Location: Canary Wharf
Salary: Starting at £21,000 (OTE Year 1 £30,000-£40,000)
Job Type: Permanent
Universal Partners is currently seeking highly driven individuals to join our FX Academy and the chance to start a career in finance at one of the fastest growing payments company in the UK. Our FX Academy is the place for driven candidates to join the team with no previous FX sales or finance background necessary. This is because candidates get access to an industry-leading training programme led by highly experienced staff who have over 50 years combined FX knowledge.
Large growth prospects throughout the company including development to Business Development Specialist and joining part of the management team. So if you are ambitious, highly driven and looking for a rewarding career in financial markets this is the perfect opportunity.
Based at the heart of Canary Wharf normal workings hours are 8:30-6:00, however Business Development Executives will be expected to complete the hours necessary to achieve the expected company standards and performance. To this end Business Development Executives will need to be flexible and prepared to work occasional late and early shifts to maximise the opportunity to contact all clients – this will be agreed with the Head of Desk / Directors.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Executive:
- – Make effective, highly professional outbound calls to key decision makers and shareholders
- – Successfully identify new opportunities within the UK & European FX markets
- – Cold calling will play a major part of your career throughout this role.
- – Lead sourcing
- – Systematically develop a well-researched database of prospective clients for the business
- – Liaising with the corporate account executive team and other key business areas
- – Achieve set KPI’s and Sales targets
- – Keeping up to date with all financial markets
- – Become an expert on risk management business solutions
- – Build relationships with key decision makers including Financial Directors/Managing Directors across a range of different companies
- – Be clinical in finding large business opportunities
- – Demonstrate a keen commercial awareness for the FX markets.
- – Be self-motivated to learn and develop your skills into the next role
- – Identify profit angles with both new and existing clients
Requirements of the Business Development Executives:
- – Excellent Telephone Manner & Communication Skills
- – Influence and Persuasion
- – Product Knowledge
- – Self-Motivated and results/target driven
- – Team-Working
- – IT Skills
Benefits of the Business Development Executives:
- – Working in the biggest financial district of London, Canary Wharf
- – Employee pension scheme
- – Trained by a team of highly driven successful people
- – Participate in one of the industry’s leading bonus schemes
- – 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- – Subsidised gym membership on completion of probation
- – Regular incentives (company nights out, competitions etc)
- – End of month round up
- – Progression to Corporate Account Executive role after 12 months if targets are met
You can expect Year 1 OTE £30,000-£40,000 based on performance with Year 2 expected to increase to £50,000-£70,000. Step by step training will be provided to help you achieve in excess of £100,000 by Year 3 based on your work ethic. Your bonus structure will be uncapped meaning your earnings are dependent on the work you put in.